This is the UK blog of a 34 year old man from Sussex who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year, charting his attempts to get on with life, keep working, stay married and avoid being eaten by his Border Collie puppy.

Thursday 20 December 2007

So.... Why blog?

I was diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis), conclusively, in September 2007. Since then, I've bought a house with my wife (whom I married in August when I merely had a 90%+ chance of having MS), changed my job from conventional work to being a freelancer and I've acquired a bitey little puppy. I've got a lot going on but this is such a weird disease, it touches on everything I do, nibbling away at sensation or taking a chunk out of my vision or motor control... it leaves me with a lot of things to say that I can't readily bring up in normal conversation ("More tea dear?" "I'm becoming concerned that my MS is going to corrode my personality and I'll end up as a disease bore. Pass the sugar..."), but nevertheless need to be said. Even if its only to myself. Also, if there's even a slight chance that any retarded insight I happen to have can help one other person with the stuff they are going through, then I gotta jump at it.

So I blog. Or I'm going to, I think, from this point on.

1 comment:

Finlay Cedar said...

Been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2015, and I was a woman of 50. They put me on Rebif which I took until 2017 and was switched to Copaxone. I had two relapses on Rebif, none so far on Copaxone. I do notice my balance was getting worse, and my memory, as well as erectile dysfunction and spasms’ had no choice to sick for other solution and I was introduce to totalcureherbsfoundation c om which I purchase the MS herbal formula from the foundation, the herbal supplement has effectively get rid of my multiple sclerosis and reversed all symptoms.