This is the UK blog of a 34 year old man from Sussex who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year, charting his attempts to get on with life, keep working, stay married and avoid being eaten by his Border Collie puppy.

Friday 21 December 2007

Interferon Friday!

I've had one of those days.

On the plus side, I got into Brighton and did all my Xmas shopping in under an hour and a half - thats the benefit of only buying gifts for my wife and parents, I guess. Plus I'm getting rid of my annoying temporary replacement car although I still need to hustle Elephant for a cheque for the old one which got written off (long, non-MS story!). The downside is that the DVLA want me to scoot across Sussex for a visual field test which I'm going to pass unless I'm in the grips of an MS attack or fluctuation of the previous damage to my visual cortex. Actually I had one of these tests two weeks ago at the opticians which I came through 20-20 so I'm not too worried. I need to squabble over utilities with call-centre drones and am shivering in my house where the boiler has just cut out.

I've also just injected myself with Beta Interferon so fully expect to feel like absolute shit in 12-16 hours (I've done tests and that's the timeframe my side-effects really kick my ass) when, puppy notwithstanding, I aim to be blissfully asleep.

No comments: