This is the UK blog of a 34 year old man from Sussex who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year, charting his attempts to get on with life, keep working, stay married and avoid being eaten by his Border Collie puppy.

Sunday 23 December 2007

Ridiculous non-MS thing of the day

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7158260.stm

"The charge relates to the alleged engagement in conduct for the preparation of an intention to commit an act of terrorism." (MY ITALICS)

That would be getting ready to think about commiting an act of terror. Neat crime. Evey fantasised about killing your boss? That's 'preparation of an intention to comit an act of murder' or how about skipping a red light? Dreamt of that, you evil, wannabe 'preparer of the intention to commit a trafic violation'. you.

Sorry but when I'm not whingeing about losing feeling in my hands, I do read the papers and things like that sound totally ridiculous to me; I'm old-skool enough to believe that a crime requires both an intention (mens-rea) and a physical action in the world (actus reus). This bizzaro bullshit just increases my stress levels which (wait for it) could be bad for my MS (note how I avoid any certainty at all as most scientists will when confronted with this disease. MS? Welcome to probability country!).

No comments: