This is the UK blog of a 34 year old man from Sussex who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year, charting his attempts to get on with life, keep working, stay married and avoid being eaten by his Border Collie puppy.

Saturday 17 May 2008

Work has me by the short hairs

Well work has been completely crazy lately and will continue to be mental for the foreseeable future. I'm doing 6 or 7 day weeks but the money's great and while I'm well, I've got to get it where I can. Being an openly crippled freelancer is getting me 2.5x what I earned at my old firm for pretty much the same work. Sure, my skills have improved but not by that much!

Anyway, that explains the absence of posts lately.

I got ill a few weeks ago and am having severe fluctuations now while I still cough off the last of it. I have to wait until the fag end of June to see if I have an attack or not which is a tense wait but at least this time, if I have an attack, I can get steroids from my GP to knock it on the head. Sure, I'll still take whatever damage I was going to but it will all be over quickly, allowing me to continue accruing disturbingly large sums of money for bog standard PHP work.

No comments: