This is the UK blog of a 34 year old man from Sussex who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year, charting his attempts to get on with life, keep working, stay married and avoid being eaten by his Border Collie puppy.

Friday 23 May 2008

Attack!

I've had a 'visual disturbance' (in this case characterised by a loss of some field of vision in the visual area associated with my right eye's upper right quadrant - I can't say my right eye as even if the issue is to do with my somewhat damaged right optical nerve, it could instead be in the image rendering area at the back of the brain where I've see huge lesions previously on an MRI) for now three days straight. Yes there've been fluctuations within that disturbance - sometimes it is larger, sometimes it is smaller - but there has been something there for 3 days. And that means it isn't a fluctuation but is instead an 'attack'.

I've hit the steroid button with my GP (well a locum as mine is away for a month. Grrr) so should be getting a prescription for ass kickingly high dose steroids this evening. If the chemist has them I shall be taking them tonight too. I'm not usually aprehensive about taking drugs. I took enough recreationally to lose the right to that. But I'm aware that i seem to have a shorter temper these days and am generally quicker to become emotional and am a bit worried about how that will interact with a drug known to induce insane rages in the sort of doses I'm going to be looking at.

Ah well, the wife is warned and I'm in the shed!

No comments: