This is the UK blog of a 34 year old man from Sussex who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year, charting his attempts to get on with life, keep working, stay married and avoid being eaten by his Border Collie puppy.

Monday 3 March 2008

Half way there...

Okay, I'm about 20 pages into the DLA form. My PC has packed in so I need to jerry-rig a printer to spool off the supplemental material (lists of Consultants, mostly) and then crack on with the other half.

Its a bleak form focusing, naturally (I guess) on the negatives of your condition in turgid detail ('Just how fucked are you? How many times a day do you need help wiping your arse?' - these are the questions you become depressingly accustomed to when you become a cripple). Luckilly I trained as a lawyer so can handle Offical Bollocks Speak without wanting to blow my own head off - I do feel sorry for other people faced with this shit, though. I understand why its set up like this - to deter chancers/scammers and some legit applicants to keep the cost down - but it still sucks bigtime when you find yourself on the consumer end of it!

No comments: