This is the UK blog of a 34 year old man from Sussex who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year, charting his attempts to get on with life, keep working, stay married and avoid being eaten by his Border Collie puppy.

Wednesday 27 February 2008

Drugs drugs drugs

After much faffing about and attempts to order, Boots finally got me some muscle relaxants, Baclofen, on Saturday. The maximum dose is 100mg and I'm down on 5mg - the smallest pill on the market is 10mg so I have to cut them in half which is good as the higher dose side effects can be show stopping - respiritory and cardiac depression. It can stop your heart and breathing, admittedly mostly in the elderly but still...

So I started taking them and to my immense suprise it relaxed my foot for the first time since I got some magic cannabis over christmas. This meant I could walk in a more mechanically-friendly way which in turn took the pressure off my arthritic knee. I know, I'm a wreck of a man. All of which was good. What was less good is that I was high as a kite all weekend. Absolutely spaced out - for the first time I could finally see what my peers had seen in Ketamine! Luckilly that passed by Sunday night and now its fine - either you build resistance to the side effects or I've got used to it - so at least I can work on it. Otherwise it will just have to be a naughty weekend treat where I relieve the pain and destress but have to vegetate in front of Dancing on Ice or Harry Hill's TV Burp... certainly nothing intellectually challenging!

No comments: