This is the UK blog of a 34 year old man from Sussex who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year, charting his attempts to get on with life, keep working, stay married and avoid being eaten by his Border Collie puppy.

Friday 11 January 2008

The Price of Illness

I've been ill for a few days; I don't know if I caught a flu and my vaccinated immune system fought it off or if I just had a cold but I definitely had something. I'm pretty much better now but my MS has flared up in response to whatever the hell it was firing up my immune system.

What this means is that all my previous symptoms are flaring up (for up to 48hr periods) - I have shooting pains in my fingertips, a really stiff knee and ankle/foot and a big chunk of my vision fell out earlier this afternoon in what is probably a visual field issue but could be a new thing in the muscle that focuses the eye... And just when I'm meant to have a sight test for the DVLA. There goes my license! Hopefully all of these things will pass withing their individual 48hr time limits as otherwise it would mean that I'm actually having an MS attack which would do more permanent damage to my central nervous system.

Other than all this, my mind has turned to lining up work for February. I am going to start going to Brighton New Media 'freelancer' meetings to do some networking/schmoozing starting on Monday with a free drinking session at the prestigious Linden Labs offices in Brighton.

No comments: